Creating And and Or Rules in Mezzobit’s Tag Management System
When creating tags in the Mezzobit Tag Management System, there may be times where a tag needs to fire if it meets a variety of conditions. Mezzobits TMS supports using multiple conditions for rules, and allows users to combine them with both the AND and OR operators.
How do I create a set of rules for a tag using the OR operator?
A tag has been created but it should be executed when a user is using an Android mobile device OR is on an Apple mobile device only.
- Create a rule that fires a tag when a user visits on an Android device.: (if you would like help on how to create a rule, click here)
- Create another rule that fires a tag when a user visits using an iOs device
- Go back to the Tag Screen and select a Tag to apply these rules to. You can do this in the Activation conditions window by typing in the names and selecting them or by choosing Manage Rules and Assigning the two rules on the next screen:
- By placing these two rules in this activation area, if a user visits on an Android device OR from an iOs device, this tag will fire.
How do I create a set of rules for a tag using the AND operator?
A tag has been created but it should be executed when a user is from the United States AND is on an Apple mobile device.
Create a Compound Rule with 2 or more conditions:
- Create a rule: (if you would like help on how to create a rule, click here)
- Create an activation condition where the user must be from the United States.
- Add another activation condition where the user must be on an iOs device.
- Creating more than one activation condition for a rule implies that all these conditions must be True in order to pass and fire the tag (AND operator).
- Add this rule to the tag’s Activation Conditions
- When all the prerequisites of the compound rule are true, the tag will fire.