The Mezzobit Visual Tagger allows you to place and manage tags with visual components like ad units or social sharing widgets.
We offer two ways to handle this:
- Technically savvy users can specify that a tag has a visual component and manually provide the CSS selection code that locates where the tag should be placed on the page. This is particularly easy if there is a unique ID associated with the page element where the tag should go.
- But deep HTML/CSS understanding isn't required to make this feature work. In the tag editor, you can activate the Visual Tagger bookmarklet that displays the target page and permits you to just click on the location where the tag should be placed. The system will then display the CSS code associated with that location, which can be edited or accepted. You can re-situate a tag as many times as you like.
Follow the steps below to start using the Visual Tagger:
1. Create your containers, tags, and rules in Trusted Data Interchange.
2. Set up the Mezzobit Visual Tagger for a tag:
- Open a tag in the tag editor.
- Type the anticipated deployment URL in the Default deployment URL box. The Mezzobit Visual Tagger uses this URL to place tags on a page.
- Select Yes next to Is there a visual component.
- Right-click the Mezzobit visual tagger link and create a bookmark in your browser.
- Click Open it.
- The default deployment URL is opened in your browser.
- Click your new Mezzobit Visual Tagger bookmark.
- The visual tag editor is displayed.
3. In the visual tag editor, click Select location and then click the area of the webpage where the tag should be placed.
4. Click Save and return to save the tag location and return to TDI.
The tag will fire on any page on the website where the visual location exists.
5. Test your container:
- In the container editor, click More options under HTML code installation.
- Right-click the test link and create a bookmark in your browser.
- Open your website in another browser tab.
- Click your new bookmark. The page will stay the same, but the tag manager code will be inserted on the fly.